After posting “THIS IS A DESIGN. هاذا تصميم” , a fellow artist and friend raised a very important question: “Yes, it’s time to give a damn. But what do we do to show that we give a damn?” The idea of turning this into a campaign was then born.
“THIS IS NOT A DESIGN” is a campaign inviting artists and designers in Saudi Arabia to raise awareness about the abuse that the field is subject to.
Create a ‘design’ that simply looks good, but contains elements that have no point. It just looks good! The guidelines are very simple:
- Artist/Designer must be from Saudi Arabia or living in Saudi Arabia
- Submission must be entirely digital
- Landscape format, size 3508 px X 2480 px
- Submission must show evidence of the use of Adobe Photoshop
- At least four of the following must be used: texture, brushes, colors, typography, photography, a human model. (NOTE: stock is allowed as long as you have permission to use it)
- Deadline: Friday, November 12th, 21:00 GMT
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “THIS IS NOT A DESIGN.” (Note: please do not add your name, signature or watermark to the artwork unless it is part of the design. I will be adding the names myself for consistency)
- You may submit up to two ‘designs.’
I’m hoping that many local artists and designers will take interest in the cause. I’m sure there are many out there that would like to be change-makers. With enough participants on board, we can work on printing and distributing flyers so the campaign can reach an even larger audience.
Any comments and suggestions are most appreciated. Looking forward to seeing your submissions!